About five thousand residents of Salingyi had to flee to safety when the column entered
On 25th July, residents said that around 5,000 residents of 10 villages had been forced to flee due to the entry of a military convoy in Salingyi Township in Sagaing Region. Today at 7 a.m., the column that came out of Nyaungpinthar village raided Kyartet village at 11am
A resident said that the residents of the surrounding villages, including Nyaungpinthar village and Kyartet village, such as Zee Chaing, Shwe Bon Thar, Paytaw, Shankaing (East, West), Kantwin, Thanbotaung were immediately fleeing to safety. They said that the column has been patrolling from village to village almost every day from July 21 to July 25 in Salingyi Township.
Residents from villages far away from the convoy returned to their villages, but the villages along the Chindwin River were worried that the warships coming up the river would fire heavy weapons, the residents said.
According to the latest statement on July 15, 2023, by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, nearly 800,000 (778,900) residents of Sagaing Division have fled their homes after the military coup.