The Acting President of NUG said that within two years of defense, they have been able to threaten Nay Pyi Taw militarily.
Duwa Lashi La, acting president of the National Unity Government (NUG) said in his speech on September 7th, the People's Resistance War, which declared war on the Military Council, has completed two years today, and in these two years, military successes have been achieved, and the Military Council's seat, Nay Pyi Taw, has been threatened militarily. "Military successes are becoming more and more successful, as can be seen by looking at the results of the battles soon. Even in Nay Pyi Taw, which is believed to be the safest for the terrorist military group, the revolutionary comrades are now able to make them feel insecure." He also said that the military council led by Major General Min Aung Hlaing is collapsing in various sectors such as military, economy, and diplomacy.
On August 22, at a press conference held in Nay Pyi Taw, Military Council Spokesman Major General Zaw Min Tun also admitted that there had been battles in the Nay Pyi Taw Council area and said that security has now been achieved. According to the two-year defense report released today by the NUG Ministry of Defense, during the second year of defense (2022-2023) the operational areas in Nay Pyi Taw, including Thanintharyi, Mandalay, Bago, Mon, and the southern part of Magway have been expanded. Additionally, the Ministry of Defense also said that they were able to strengthen territorial control in northern Magway, including Sagaing, Chin, Kayah, and Karen states.
The report of the NUG Ministry of Defense also stated that 293 battalions of the People's Defense Forces (PDF) were across the country, 68 battalions, which are still under review to be recognized as battalions, and People's Defense Forces (PDF) have been formed in more than 250 townships within two years.